My New Year's resolution :: To capture one image for each day in 2011. I will record them here and at the end of the year compile these images into a book that will chronicle our lives and hopefully serve as keepsakes for years to come.

My inspiration :: This creative mama


February 5, 2011

january 31 :: splash


When I picked him up from school I noticed he was wearing his "extra" clothes which he had obviously put on himself (notice the inside out shirt).  Being fairly new to the hole potty trained thing I just assumed he'd had an accident at nap time and didn't say anything.  We were headed to an appointment and I noticed his pants were caked in mud at which point I thought "gee I wish he weren't wearing his extra pants or I'd put those on him."  Then at second glance I realized those were actually the pants he'd had on this morning.  So same pants, different shirt.  "Alex what happened to your shirt?"  "I fell in the toilet."  Ummmm...  He said this so matter of factly it took a second to register.  Surely my son who can't even bear to dribble water on his shirt without squealing didn't just tell me he fell in the toilet like it was nothing.  As he went on to tell me what happened I was literally choking back laughter at the image of him, rear end wedged in the toilet bowl with his feet kicking out over the rim.  He insisted he got himself out and was very proud of the fact that he didn't even get his pants or undies wet!  I still can't believe this all went down without so much as a whimper or whine out of him but based on the blank faces of the teachers I've asked that must truly have been the case.  Who'd have thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment